Learn to change a broken tile or strengthen a loose tile is a very useful home since due to falling objects or blows, the floor tiles are often broken or loosen over time. It is not just to end the effect produced anesthetic the floor with a broken tile; it is also a safety issue because a broken tile can cause trips and falls. No need to call a handyman, you can change the broken tile yourself by following these instructions:
- First you have to remove the tile you want to substitute. If it’s a broken tile smashing take it back with a hammer.
- If it’s a loose tile pry withdraw a trowel being careful not to break since the ideal is to reuse the same tile for no change of color from the rest of the floor. In both cases we will be very careful not to break the adjacent tiles.
- Thoroughly clean the hole with nothing left of the old cement or tile remains that we have withdrawn. It is highly recommended to finish this operation with a vacuum cleaner.
- Enter the new tile in cold water.
- Moisten the hole.
- Fill the hole with adhesive cement.
- Enter aligning the tile with tile adjacent first and dropping into the hole below.
- Very gently hit the tile with a hammer handle to be well distributed throughout the cement tile surface and is held firmly and level.
- Revise the excess cement edges with gloved hands or the paddle.
- Vacuum cleaner (optional)
- Adhesive cement
- Cold water
- Tile Replacement
- If you change the floor of your house always keeps tile replacement. manufacturers will often modify their catalog every season and is sure to help you find spare tiles when you need.
- To change a tile you can use traditional adhesive cement but cement is easier, convenient and fast.